Development Outreach, Inc., in corraboration with Veteran's Quality of Life Access Network provides services to Veterans and their Families. Our goal is to help our veterans and their families obtain their benefits and gain access to the benefits and the resources which they are entitled.
Development Outreach and VQLAN are working closely together to acquire resources to develop Transitional housing for United States Veterans returning home. Our goal is to address the chronic homelessness experienced by our veterans with a full range of support services including meals, employment and training programs, legal and medical advice, and special services related to PTSD, substance abuse and other challenges faced by veterans. This will also include Intensive case management and counseling to help veterans re-gain control of their lives. We are working deligently and partnering with Federal, State, Local and other Non-profits to gain the leverage that we need to accomplish this goal.
VQLAN information and resource bank contains information regarding
- how to correctly file VA claims
- how to obtain housing, food, clothing and other services.
- a wide range of benefits including, Disability, Education and Training, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
- Home Loan Guaranty
- Dependant and Survivor Benefits
- Medical Treatment
- Life Insurance and Burial Benefits.
- Assistance for Homeless Veterans
- Service Connected
Housing NeedsOur goal is to provide housing and related support services that will give veterans a stable base from which to find or hold a job, continue their physical or mental recovery and, ultimately, return to independent living. According to statistics:
- Number of veterans as of Sept. 2009: approximately 23 million
- Between 529,000 and 840,000 veterans are homeless at some time during the year.
- On any given night, more than 300,000 veterans are living on the streets or in shelters in the U.S.
- Veterans are twice as likely as other Americans to become chronically homeless.
Our goal is to provide counseling in Life Skills, Money Management, Stress Management and related areas.
The Employment & Training program will provide:
Job search support
Services will Include:
- Case Management
- Health care services
- Daily living services
- Personal financial planning services
- Transportation services
- Fiduciary and payee services
- Legal services
- Child care services
- Housing counseling services
- Temporary financial assistance, including time-limited payments to third parties for rent, utilities, moving expenses, security and utility deposits, transportation, child care, moving costs and emergency supplies
Your Help is Needed
We cannot walk the streets without seeing our veterans homeless, in intense physical and mental pain with no help. We are working to get these veterans off the street, into clean and safe housing. What we do not have and sorely need are the funds required to service these veterans. It’s hard enough to lose your life savings, but can you imagine also giving up all hopes and dreams of a better future for their children.
- We want to honor the heroes who are here and those returning from war with painful injuries that they will carry the rest of their lives.
- Our veterans have a long road to recovery ahead, and they need to know that we stand behind them every step of the way.A great deal of work remains before we can say our country is whole again. Please help us show these true American heroes how much you and I appreciate their service to our country. Your donations will go right to work for struggling veterans, brave service members and their families for whatever assistance they need most now.
We keep simple dreams alive. Please give your most generous donation.
Your support ensures that we are able to provide programs and services to our veterans .